- To cater to the Training Needs of the SFS Officers and RFOs of States/ Union territories in the country.
- To ensure "Standard and Quality" of training being imparted to the forestry personnel other than Indian Forest Service.
- To augment training 'capacity and facility' for the frontline forest staff (Forest Guards, Foresters, Deputy Rangers & Range Officers).
- To assist develop appropriate & relevant training contents & evaluation standards for forestry training at all levels below IFS
- To help States assess Training Needs of forestry personnel.
- To assist in the development of training policy for forestry personnel.
The Central Academy for State Forest Service, Dehradun is one of the leading institutions under the aegis of Directorate of Forest Education, Ministry of Environment & Forests which imparts initial